HAAPE is a non-profit organization. HAAPE tax id IS 81-1709197.
HAAPE is dedicated to develop programs to educate parents, teachers and prospective employers about helping children and adults with autism to realize their potential. Many families, particularly in poorer countries, know very little about the autism and its impact on all family members. To help such families, HAAPE is committed to:
- Meet with and educate parents of young adults with autism about the disease
- Lead discussions with the teachers on how to deal with autism in the classroom
- Reach out to potential employers to hire adults with autism
- Certify that the workplace environment meets specific autism-friendly criteria
- Develop a job portal to build resumes and list job opportunities suitable for adults with autism
HAAPE is committed to ensure that after they complete their formal education, young adults with autism make meaningful progress. Through our work, we hope to inspire personal growth and development, offer a sense of mastery and accomplishment, and to allow them to reach greater levels of independence.