SPECTRUMTECH TECHNOLOGY CENTER
SpectrumTech (www.spectrumtechsfl.com)provides a Training and Employment Center for Software Testing and Quality Assurance exclusively employing people with high function ASD. As of June 2019, the SpectrumTechTraining and Employment Center has been planned, funded and established on the United Community Options (UCO) Campus in Fort Lauderdale with the full support of HAAPE. In partnership with Aspiritech, a curriculum has been developed, a lead tester hired, and 3 training classes completed. Additional training classes will be scheduled throughout the year, contracts from companies and governmental organizations in the process of development.
- Fully equipped classroom environment for training
- Fully equipped computer workstations for performing software services
- One-on-one life skills coaching for each employee
- Job portal to build resumes and find job opportunities
- Complete supervision in an autism-friendly environment
- Social skills counseling
- Complete plan for sustainability based on revenues, grants and donations
HAAPE is committed to ensure that after they complete their formal education, young adults with autism make meaningful progress. Through our work, we hope to inspire personal growth and development, offer a sense of mastery and accomplishment, and to allow them to reach greater levels of independence.